Boat racing is thought to date back to Ancient Egypt and has been enjoyed throughout the centuries.
A Regatta is a series of boat races and means “contest”, typically involving rowed or sailed boats.
Popular regattas include:
- Henley Royal on the River Thames, England.
- Cowes Week in Cowes England.
- Cumberland Cup.
- Port of Dartsmouth
- Port of Pylmouth
- Quidi Vidi Lake
Racing Rules of Sailing
The RSS (Racing Rules of Sailing) govern yacht and sailing contests and are as follows…
- Boats on a port tack shall keep clear of boats on starboard tack (Rule 10).
- When boats are on the same tack and overlapped, the boat to windward (the boat closest to the wind) shall keep clear of a leeward boat (Rule 11).
- When boats are on the same tack and not overlapped, the boat that is astern shall keep clear of the boat ahead. (Rule 12).
- When a boat is tacking (changing tack) it shall keep clear of boats that are not tacking (Rule 13).
Why is my boat motor not peeing?
First and foremost, what do I mean by “peeing”? Most motors include
Do Boats Have Gears?
Gears are an essential part of the vehicle proportion system as they
Why is my boat pulling to the right?
How do boats make rooster tails?
Rooster tails usually occur when the propeller shaft is facing upwards. Therefore,
How do get the elderly into boats?
How to start a boat without a key?
Navigating around the ocean is one of my best hobbies that I
How long do boat wraps last?
Quality boat wraps can last five to seven years or more, depending
How to Tell if Boat Motor Is Locked Up?
5 Ways to Tell if a Boat Engine Block is Cracked
A cracked engine block on your boat hinders its performance. So, knowing
Is boat paint the same as car paint?
Despite taking good care of my boat for several decades, I have