I love sailing out on the waters on a sunny day with the cool breeze and waves.
But sometimes I get so caught up in the fun I’m having that I forget just how long I’ve been out there. So…
I decided to gift myself a sailing watch.
In this article, I share with you the best sailing watches that are available in the market today…
Garmin Quatix 6
The Garmin quatix 6 is an advanced marine smartwatch that enables dedicated sailors.
It provides fascinating and unique functionality while on the waters.
Key Specifications of the Garmin Quartix 6
The main specifications of the garmin quatix 6 are:
• Connectivity technology used is Bluetooth, ANT+, and wifi. This facilitates compatibility with other devices.
• The screen size of 1.3 inches of an advanced durable design.
• Inclusive of batteries and buttons being used for a human interface input
Key Features of the Garmin Quatix 6
• It has comprehensive connectivity with GNT 10 transceiver, Garmin chart plotters, and other devices to channel data.
• It provides autopilot control that enables you to control your boat and stick to a GPS route.
• Channel data such as depth of water and engine RPM
Pros & Cons of the Garmin quatix 6.
• Long battery life
• Durable and sustainable build with quality
• It is costly
• It does not have a touchscreen
WHY I have included the Garmin quatix 6 in the list
This marine watch is one of a kind with its inbuilt barometer and compass to guide sailors.
In addition, it provides tides information with a GPS tracker that is extremely sensitive for ease of navigation.
- Rugged GPS watch built to withstand the toughest environments
- Constructed to U.S. Military standard 810G for thermal, shock and water resistance (rated to 100 meters)
- Built in 3 axis compass and barometric altimeter, plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, Glonass and Galileo) support helps track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Monitor your estimated heart rate, activity and stress; Train with preloaded activity profiles. Strap material: Silicone
- Stay connected with smart notifications (with a compatible smartphone) and automatic data uploads to the Garmin connect online fitness community
- Garmin Pay contactless payment solution lets you pay for purchases with your watch (available for supported cards from participating banks)
- Personalize your watch with thousands of free watch faces, apps and widgets from our Connect IQ store
- More than 15 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more
- Monitor your fitness level with VO2 max and fitness made estimates, plus keep an eye on how you handle stress
- Get connected features such as smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, Live Track and more when paired with a compatible smartphone
- Keeps track of your energy levels, Pulse Ox (this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition), respiration, menstrual cycle, stress, sleep, estimated heart, hydration and more
- Easily download songs to your watch, including playlists from Spotify, Amazon music or Deezer (may require a premium subscription with a third party music provider), and connect with headphones (sold separately) for phone free listening
- Record all the ways to move with more than 20 preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps, including yoga, running, swimming and more
- Get easy to follow, animated workouts right on your watch screen, including cardio, strength, yoga and Pilates
- Battery life: Up to 8 days in smartwatch mode; Up to 6 hours in GPS and music mode
Ronstan Clear Start Sailing Watch
Ronstan is a simple and competitive sailing watch that is known and trusted for its functionality by sailors.
It’s built-in programming such as race timers is ideal for sailors.
Key Specifications Ronstan Clear Start sailing watch
• It has a secure silicone band
• It has a durable crystal lens
• It has a large 13mm digital display
Key Features of the Ronstan Clear Start sailing watch
• Synchronisation function
• Loud start sound signals
Pros & Cons of the Ronstan.
• Water and shock resistant
• Easy viewing with a large display
• Requires initial understanding of how to activate it
WHY I have included Ronstan Clear Start sailing watch in the list
When deciding on a reliable sailing watch with water resistance, functionality and price, Rostan is the ideal watch.
- Durable, ultra-clear mineral crystal lens
- Comfortable and secure silicon band
- 40mm (1 9/16") diameter face
- Oversized 10mm (3/8") digit display
- Textured easy-find buttons
- Innovative Technology Ensures Longer Battery Life - Dual-layer Display 2.0 supports Smart Mode and Enhanced Essential Mode, enables up to 3 days of battery life in Smart Mode, and up to 45 days in enhanced Essential Mode.
- Updated Chipset, Better Experience - The 1st wear OS by Google smartwatch with the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100+ Dual System Platform. 1G RAM and 8G ROM enable smoother performance and more precise interactions.
- Advanced Health and Fitness Monitoring - Multiple sports modes, with built-in GPS, barometer and 24-hour heart rate monitoring (empowered by a more accurate sensor ). New functions added including Sleep Tracking, Stress Monitoring, Noise Detection, etc.
- Premium Design, Flagship Model - Stainless steel bezel (45mm), 1.4-inch AMOLED Screen (454*454 high-resolution) with auto-adjustable brightness, durable and anti-fingerprint glass cover. Built-in speaker and microphone, NFC payment supports Google Pay.
- Lighter and More Comfortable - 28% lighter in weight while battery capacity increased by 40% compared with TicWatch product released in 2018. Changeable silicone strap with in-style design.
Gill Regatta Master Watch
This watch has a state of the art technology with innovative and designs to assist in race sailing.
Key Specifications the Gill Regatta Master Watch
• It has stainless steel that is reinforced for impact resistance
• It has a flexible TPU strap with a hardcover
Key Features of the Gill Regatta Master Watch
• It is water-resistant up to 50 meters.
• It has a countdown timer in synchro
• It has a key lock function
Pros & Cons of the Gill Regatta Master
• Withstands extreme conditions
• Has power-saving sleep mode to preserve battery
• It is costly
WHY I have included this Gill Regatta Master in the list
This watch is included as it withstands all conditions which are crucial in sailing.
The reinforced stainless steel for impact resistance is essential.
- clock function. Key lock/sleep mode function. Simple battery change.
- and alert sounds Sleep mode to preserve battery life
- Digital watch: Fashionable sporty dial design, military style outlook. Big numbers display with light and large dial, show time clear even in the dark. Use import EL Lamp, press "LIGHT" button to see the time clearly in the light, easy to read
- Sports watch: Suitable for men, especially to those who like doing sports, multi-functions make it perfect for both outdoor and indoor sports, such as running, climbing, fishing and so on
- Water resistant to 50M / 164FT. In general,suitable for Swimming and cold shower,not suitable for long time underwater activities such as diving
- LED backlight, 1/100 second digital stopwatch, auto calendar, hourly alarm and alarm clock, shock resistant, 12/24 hour formats
- High quality watch: Senior rubber band, comfortable to wear. The dial window is made of acrylic mirror, high transparency, compressive and abrasion
So What’s The Best sailing Watch?
Here are the 3 best sailing watches…
1. Garmin Quatix 6
2. Ronstan Clear Start Sailing Watch
3. Gill Regatta Master
- Round case
- Fold over clasp with divers extension and safety
- Luminous hands
- Perpetual calendar
- Large 65mm overall ABS case
- 38mm x 20mm display size. Boom/Mast Mount Bracket Supplied. Elasticated Strap for Wrist or over sleeve wearing. Water Resistant to 5 ATM. Shock Resistant Construction. Normal Timekeeping Mode (12 or 24 Hour). Specialist Sailing Timer Functions:
- Massive 16mm digit height. Countdown repeat option or Countdown and Up to show elapsed time for handicap races. 5,4,1,0 ISAF start sequence pre-programmed with audible warning signals (can be silenced if preferred)
- Single row display. 5 minute, 3 minute and multiples of 1 minute programs as well. "Sync Button" for instant synchronisation if a gun is missed
- Adjustable Viewing Angle
- Stainless steel watch featuring techymeter bezel and blue dial with luminous hands, perpetual calendar, and chronograph functionality
- 45 mm stainless steel case and antireflective sapphire dial window
- Swiss quartz movement with analog-digital display
- Rubber band and fold-over clasp with safety closure
- Water resistant to 100 m (330 ft)
If I had to pick just 1 it would be the Ronstan Clear Start sailing watch and here’s why….
The Ronstan is a tried and trusted sailing watch by reputable sailors.
This is due to its multifunctionality while at sea.
Last update on 2021-09-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API